- Dr. Gaskins completed his Doctorate of Medicine at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in 2010.
- He completed a four-year residency in General Psychiatry at Palmetto Health in Columbia, SC, where he served as the chief resident from 2013-2014. He then completed a one-year fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry also at Palmetto Health.
- He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in both General Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- He has maintained a private outpatient practice since completion of post graduate training. He is a founding partner at Southern Psychiatry located in Columbia, South Carolina.
- He provides psychiatric treatment at the Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group Infectious Disease Clinic.
- He serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Department of Neuropsychiatry.
- He has performed regular Competency to Stand Trial and Criminal Responsibility/Capacity to Conform evaluations for SC Department of Mental Health since completion of his post graduate training.
- He has previously worked in correctional and inpatient psychiatric settings.
- He is available for a variety of forensic evaluations. Additionally, he is available for record review and attorney consultation regarding a variety of mental health issues.
* Full curriculum vitae available upon request.